Cybercrime, a threat that affects one in five online shoppers¹ and cost Americans $560 million in 2009 due to online fraud², may hit closer to home than many realize. Norton from Symantec teamed up with independent research firm Sperling’s BestPlaces to find and expose the nation’s top 10 cities most vulnerable to cybercrime.
The following are ranked the Norton Top 10 Riskiest Online Cities:
1. Seattle 6. Atlanta
2. Boston 7. Minneapolis
3. Washington, D.C. 8. Denver
4. San Francisco 9. Austin, Texas
5. Raleigh, N.C. 10. Portland, Ore.
SolutionWorx actively works to minimize your risk from Internet threats, security exploits, and vulnerabilitys. Our four pronged security approach for managed customers protects desktops, networks, messaging systems, and updates operating systems and major applications through automation. We want you to know that we are watching your network so that you have the freedom to work and not worry about technology.
SolutionWorx Four Pronged Security Approach
We have long been an advocate for centralized desktop antivirus/antispyware management. We are now moving this to the next level by migrating our clients to our monthly based Freedom Desktop Protect service. This allows us to see threats and issues for all our managed systems together at one console. It also allows us to push updates down to every managed workstation or server in minutes.
In the past few years, protecting the network with antivirus and antispyware had become cost effective. We now protect the Internet traffic coming into the network through the firewall and block viruses and spyware at your network gateway.
We protect our clients messaging systems and make them more useful by blocking viruses, spyware, and spam before they enter your network. Through Freedom Mail Security, we are able to provide a world class solution that keeps your email clean from email-borne threats.
By having properly updated systems, our clients under managed services are automatically patched with updates for operating systems and major applications such as Microsoft Office. Microsoft’s Windows Update is prone to problems and can be easily disabled by viruses and worms. Our patch management system is not susceptible to most of the problems that individuals can experience when relying on Windows Updates.
We want you to know that we are watching your network so that you have the freedom to work and not worry about technology. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at (703) 961-1840 option 2 or through our online contact form.
Note. If you are not on one of our Freedom IT plans, you might not have all the protection above. Talk to us about how we can give you peace of mind knowing your systems are protected.
Complete list of Riskiest Online Cities
1. Seattle 18. Oakland, Calif. 35. Chicago
2. Boston 19. Nashville-Davidson, Tenn. 36. Baltimore
3. Washington, D.C. 20. San Jose, Calif. 37. Oklahoma City
4. San Francisco 21. Columbus, Ohio 38. Philadelphia
5. Raleigh, N.C. 22. Dallas 39. Jacksonville, FL\la.
6. Atlanta 23. Kansas City, Mo. 40. Tulsa, Okla.
7. Minneapolis 24. New York 41. San Antonio
8. Denver 25. Indianapolis 42. Milwaukee
9. Austin, Texas 26. Albuquerque, N.M. 43. Cleveland
10. Portland, Ore. 27. Miami 44. Tucson, Ariz.
11. Honolulu 28. Omaha, Neb. 45. Long Beach, Calif.
12. Charlotte, N.C. 29. Virginia Beach, Va. 46. Fort Worth, Texas
13. Las Vegas 30. Los Angeles 47. Fresno, Calif.
14. San Diego 31. Cincinnati, Ohio 48. Memphis, Tenn.
15. Colorado Springs, Colo. 32. Houston 49. El Paso, Texas
16. Sacramento, Calif. 33. St. Louis, Mo. 50. Detroit
17. Pittsburgh 34. Phoenix
¹ Consumer Reports: http://pressroom.consumerreports.org/pressroom/2009/05/consumer-reports-survey-one-in-five-online-consumers-have-been-victims-of-cybercrime.html
² Internet Crime Complaint Center http://www.ic3.gov/media/2010/100312.aspx