Hurricane Irene Emergency Preparedness
Although it doesn’t appear that we will be taking the brunt force of Hurricane Irene, we can expect heavy winds, significant rains, and the potential for significant power outages in our region. This in mind, we wanted to provide you with a handful of proactive measures that can be taken to help your organization in the event of power outages and/or flooding. Please share this with other members of your organization.
- If you do not customarily do so, we recommend shutting down workstations when you leave today .
- If your office is located in a low lying area that is prone to flooding, move workstations to a higher location. Desktops that are normally on the floor should be placed on desks. If your server is located on the floor, please call us so that we may assist in helping you move it.
- If you are a Freedom client we will actively monitor your network and systems. Should you lose power, we will contact you when power is restored to help bring your systems back online.
- If you use tape/cartridge backups, it is recommended that you take a copy of your most recent backup to a more secure location. Those using our Freedom Backup service already have remote backups of data.
- If you are a Freedom Mail Security client, inbound emails will be queued and be delivered when power is restored.
- Your Uninterrupted Power Supplies (UPS) is not intended to keep your systems up for an extended period of time and as such, you should take precautionary measures to save files and power down equipment as necessary.
If you have questions about powering down your servers, please contact us 703-961-1840 option 2 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help. If you are unable to contact us through email or phone, we will be actively monitoring our Facebook page. Please feel free to reach out to us by writing on our Facebook Wall (http://facebook.com/solutionworx).
Attached are a couple of documents that can help prepare your organization and family for disasters.
Please print a copy of this email so that you have our contact information should you lose power or access to your email.
We wish you a safe trip through whatever Mother Nature brings your way this week and beyond. Please reach out and let us know how we can help!
The SolutionWorx Team